[cvsnt] Re: read lock failed - giving up

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Jun 26 21:10:47 BST 2006

Elvira Lopez Rubio wrote:
> I've got installed CVSNT 2.0.11 about Windows 2000.

Wow!

> cvs server: cannot create read lock in repository
> `H:/Repository/ProyectDoc/HTML/SequenceManager': No such file or directory
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

That happens when a CVS client cancels at a certain point when using a
cvshome or VERY old cvsnt server.  You should consider upgrading, this
isn't an issue with the more modern versions of CVSNT.

To fix the problem, look for the lock file in that directory and delete
it.  You'll need to go directly into the repository to do this.  They
look something like "#cvs.lock".

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett