[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT connects toparis.nodomainorg:80 (207.210.213.155)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 28 14:30:25 BST 2006

David,

> On the extremely confusing march-hare site I only can
> find version 2.5.03.2260 which I'm already using.

We're trying to make it easier to find the stable versions, and by
implication: harder to accidentally download unstable versions.

> Tony/Arthur, why does www.cvsnt.org/ do a redirect
> to http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/ ?

Same as above.  Around 1.4 million people download CVSNT a year, and the
majority of those are after the stable version.  Or put another way, a
very small fraction of those join the newsgroup.

It's also a commercial element.  To pay staff to work on CVSNT we need
sales, and "presence" is the 1st (and most direct) avenue of marketing
available.

Regards,

Arthur