[cvsnt] Tool for analyzing network traffic anywhere?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Jun 30 16:59:09 BST 2006

I don't understand the distinction you're drawing - how does Ethereal
(or Windump, for us Real Programmers who scorn feeble GUIs) not fit your
requirements?  It's not apparent to me what such a tool would look like
and not be, in essence, a sniffer.  I suppose under Windows it could
hook the stack, in the manner of application firewalls and such, but
that would IMO reduce its utility.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus