[cvsnt] Setting ACL for ROOT (folder .) and strange "Import" work.

Andrew Gaganov agaganov at openwaygroup.com
Fri Mar 3 11:02:50 GMT 2006

Hi!

Server: Linux 2.5.01.1998

I use ACL for a long time and it works fine, but today i discovered
strange behaviour for root folder.

if i use command,
cvs rchacl -a none -m "Permission denied" ""

nobody can import new modules, and thats right

----------------
cvs  import -I ! -I CVS -m "no message" -- sampleproject avendor
arelease

cvsnt server: User agaganov cannot create files in sampleproject
cvsnt [server aborted]: Permission denied
----------------

BUT,

if i use another ACL command, and give only "read" permissions:
cvs rchacl -a read -m "Permission denied" ""

importing new modules into root folder works!

cvs import -I ! -I CVS -m "no message" -- kakos

----------------
cvsnt server: Importing /home/cvs/cvs_root/sampleproject/oracle

N sampleproject/oracle/runSql.bat

N sampleproject/oracle/runSql.properties

No conflicts created by this import

I found many modules in root folder from developers imported by mistake.
I use "read" permission for remote repository browsing, it's very
convenient.

Any suggestions ?

TIA!

-------