[cvsnt] Re: sserver not working on XP Pro

James Baxendale jrpbax at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 18:24:22 GMT 2006

>On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:38:45 -0800 (PST), James Baxendale
><jrpbax at yahoo.com> wrote:
  >>Hi,
>>
>>  I have been attempting to get sserver connectivity to a CVSNT server working on a >Windows XP Professional Version 2002, serivce pack 2 machine. I am running >CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151.
>>
>>  I can successfully connect using pserver and issue cvs checkout commands as >>expected. However whenever I try to use sserver using a CVSROOT of the form
>>
>>  :sserver:me at localhost:/MyRepo
>>
>>  by issing a command like
>>
>>  cvs co blah
>>
>>  I get the following exception
>>
>>SSL connection failed (-1): error:1408F10B:SSL >routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
>>cvs [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed
>>  I have looked through all the archives and googled this to death
>>but to no avail. I am attempting to issue this command from a cmd
>>window on the machine which is hosting the CVSNT repository.
>>
  >I don't think there is much difference between XP-Pro and Win2003 as
>regards CVSNT and the sserver protocol. I compiled a configuration
>tutorial that you can look at here:
>http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html
  >it outlines the use of sserver too. Have you checked that you have
>performed all the steps needed for configuration of this?
>For example there is a "Plugin" tab on the control panel where you
>configure the sserver protocol, have you done that?
>Also, you need to start out with cvs login for a new sserver CVSROOT
>connection string, did you do that?
  >
>/Bo
>(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

  I already followed the steps in the link you suggested before my original
  post. I set the Certificate file and Private Key file parameters in the Plugin
  tab of the control panel for sserver to the default ca.pem file that comes
  with the CVSNT installation. I set the Authentication to Passwords only.

  I did try to do a cvs login but just get the same message as before about
  wrong version number when I do this.

  Any other ideas what might be causing this?

  Thanks,

  James