[cvsnt] Re: sserver not working on XP Pro

James Baxendale jrpbax at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 22:18:41 GMT 2006

I tried making sure that the CVSNT installation directory was the first in my path but that made no difference. Anyway doesn't windows look up DLL's in the following manner:

   The directory where the executable module for the current process is located.
   The current directory.
   The Windows system directory. The GetSystemDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
   The Windows directory. The GetWindowsDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
   The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.
  Given this framework wouldnt Windows look first in the same directory as the cvs.exe program and find the correct dll?

  I am running the client on the same machine as the server and that machine only has a single installation of CVSNT so the version for the client and server are the same.

  Any other ideas?

  Thanks,

  James

Jan Giesen <jan.giesen at web.de> wrote:
  >From your description it is not clear, if you use the same CVSNT version on server
and on the client!?
E.g. some recent CVSNT versions like CVSNT 2.5.02.2064 had have a SSERVER
compatibility
problem with elder CVSNT versions.

Since the described error message comes from the OpenSSL library, I recommend also to
check
if CVSNT is using the OpenSSL DLL, which comes with CVSNT, or if you have on your
system
a different OpenSSL DLL in your PATH, which is found earlier.

Best regards
Jan Giesen

"James Baxendale" wrote in message
news:mailman.1152.1141451385.17086.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to get sserver connectivity to a CVSNT server working on a
Windows XP Professional Version 2002, serivce pack 2 machine. I am running CVSNT
2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151.

> I can successfully connect using pserver and issue cvs checkout commands as
expected. However whenever I try to use sserver using a CVSROOT of the form

> :sserver:me at localhost:/MyRepo
>
> by issing a command like
>
> cvs co blah
>
> I get the following exception
>
> SSL connection failed (-1): error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong
version number
> cvs [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed
> I have looked through all the archives and googled this to death but to no avail.
I am attempting to issue this command from a cmd window on the machine which is
hosting the CVSNT repository.