[cvsnt] CVS system groups

Albe alberto.difede at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 14:59:39 GMT 2006

Hi,

i know i'm bothering you :-) but i'm having a problem trying to
implement acls in the repository.
For some strange reason acls works only if i set permissions to users
and not to groups. I'm referring to system groups, not groups created in
CVSROOT/group.
This is the lsacl command:

Directory: .
Owner: emiliano

user=CVS_ISTAP_Developers
	none

user=cvs_test_user
	none

The denial works for the single user but not for the group.

At first the group was "CVS STAP Developers" and i thought it was an
issue with the spaces in the group name, but nothing changed. Then i
thought it might have been that this group is defined in the domain and
tried with a local group (my machine is a linux joined to the domain
that inherits all users and group via samba). Nothing changed too. In
the manual there's: "If SystemAuth is enabled CVSNT will automatically
add all the system groups for the user to the list
of available groups. If you don’t require other groups then editing the
group file is unnecessary.".
This doesn't seems to be the case.

Again, am i doing something wrong?

thanks in advance