[cvsnt] Re: CVS system groups

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 9 06:36:21 GMT 2006

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:59:39 +0100, Albe <alberto.difede at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i know i'm bothering you :-) but i'm having a problem trying to
>implement acls in the repository.
>For some strange reason acls works only if i set permissions to users
>and not to groups. I'm referring to system groups, not groups created in
>CVSROOT/group.

I am intereasted in the CVSROOT/groups file...
I cannot find such a file in my installation of a rather recent CVSNT.
Is it supposed to be created automatically when a repository is
created or does one have to do it manually?
I have had requests to manage CVSMailer transmissions via usergroups
but so far I have not wanted to start contacting AD in order to dig
out account information...
But if the info is available in a standard admin file the issue is a
bit changed, but as I said I don't see such a file in my CVSNT system
on a Win 2003 Enterprise server (running 2.5.03.2260).
Any insights available?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)