[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2260

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Mar 10 14:03:20 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260 (Stable)

I'm in the process of generating the Inno installer for that. There's
one question still unanswered, though.
>From a recent thread on the CVSGUI list:

<quote source= nntp://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsgui/13054 >
Tony, what component should the mdnsclient.dll belong to? Is it used
for anything other than the sspi protocol (both client- and
server-side)?
Would it be sufficient if I only installed it when either the SSPI
protocol or the server components (or both) are selected or should it
always be installed on the client regardless of which protocols are
used or does the server also only need it for SSPI?
</quote>

This request came from the situation that a user deselected the server
components upon installation and subsequently was not able to use the
SSPI protocol because the mdnsclient.dll was not installed. So far my
installer considered this DLL part of the Server component and would
not install it if that was deselcted. What would be the correct
behaviour here?

Cheers,

--
Oliver