[cvsnt] Re: loginfo not called for files added on a branch

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 10 20:13:03 GMT 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:01:33 -0000, "John Hall"
<john-news3 at cambridgetechgroup.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use a loginfo script to send e-mail notifications out. Since I upgraded to
>2.5.03 build 2238, details of files added on a branch are not passed to the
>script. Subsequent commits to the newly added file on that branch do work,
>as does adding files to the trunk. Build 2260 also has this problem.
>
>Regards,
>John

This is unfortunately confirmed on my test server too....
I can verify that both precommand and postcommand are called but
loginfo is not.
It screws up my CVSMailer mail sending when committing an added file
if the add was done on a branch, but not when it is added on trunk.

Furthermore:
If I edit a file in the folder while it is on a branch and then also
add a new file to the folder I have two committable files.
Now, when I cvs commit in the directory loginfo *is* actually called.
BUT(!) the added file is NOT listed in the loginfo call at all!
So loginfo erroneously shows only the edited existing file and not the
newly added file....
On trunk this all works fine.

I am running 2.5.03.2260 on the test PC (same version used as both
client and server).

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)