[cvsnt] Re: CVS over ssh on Windows

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Mon Mar 13 17:27:21 GMT 2006

Matthias Buchebner wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a good document on how to set up CVSNT to run over ssh? I found
> several questions about this problem, but no working solutions.

Most responses that you've seen probably go like this:

Why are you trying to use SSH on windows?  There are other secure
alternative protocols that are worlds easier to set up.  SSH on Windows
requires an SSH server be installed, which FWIU is non-trivial.
However, sserver works very well and is secured too.  There is also
Kerberos if you're in an AD domain and use gserver (or SSPI?).

This might help:

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Remote-repositories.html#Authentication-security

--
Glen Starrett