[cvsnt] Re: Changing server to Unicode

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Mar 13 20:48:05 GMT 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:27:49 -0300, Clovis Garcia
<clovis at phoebus.com.br> wrote:

>When I need to run commands that are not supported at the WinCVS
>interface, like the rename, I just open the command line dialog and use
>it. By this I presume I´m using the correct client. Look at the output
>of the cvs version command:
>
>cvs version
>Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
>(client/server)
>Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
>(client/server)

This only proves that you have 2260 available on your path.
But WinCvs has a configuration setting to control the cvs it will use
as client. Can point somewhere else...
When you use WinCvs and are located in a sandbox, then type the cvs
ver command into the bottom part of the WinCvs screen and hit Enter.
This sends the command using the cvs.exe that WinCvs is using. If you
get a different result than shown above then you have to go to the
menu item Admin/Preferences/CVS and change the "Alternate cvs
executable..." to point to your cvsnt 2260.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)