Antwort: [cvsnt] Re: cvs commit -r " problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 14 16:33:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:20:07 +0100, Heiko Klotz <heiko.klotz at ppi.de>
wrote:

>Hi Bo,
>
>reading the manual leads you to:
>
>Synopsis: commit [-lnRf] [-m 'log_message' | -F file] [-r revision]
>[files...]
>
>where the -r-option is mentioned, but reading on does not tell you
>anything about this option.

The -r option for cvs commit has been removed from CVSNT a while back
(I think about a year or so) because it was misused.
Revisions should be treated as internal implementation details for CVS
and not messed with. If you want to signal that a number of files
belong together then you should use tags instead. They are designed
exactly for that purpose.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)