[cvsnt] SSPI commits to repository saved under author: administrator

Givler, Eric egivler at state.pa.us
Thu Mar 16 20:40:17 GMT 2006

We have three machines connecting to a CVS NT repository (2.5.3) on a Windows 2000 box using sspi.  Each user is defined in the CVSROOT/passwd file (no password).
Installation/setup was done according to the notes here: http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips

When one of the users attempted to commit to the repository, he got the error:
the "administrator" not found in CVSROOT/passwd.
Once I added this user (administrator) to the file, any commits that the user did were authored by "administrator".

Changes that I do are authored as "DOMAIN\egivler", as well as for another developer, but not on this workstation.
In terms of workstations, we all use the same sspi connection string, like this:

:sspi:egivler:/cvs/jdev1012

Workstation 1: windows xp: works
Workstation 2: windows xp: does not work
Workstation 3: windows 2000: works

What would cause this, and how can I fix it?  For now, this user is using pserver because we don't want author to be administrator.

Thanks.