[cvsnt] Uservariables not expanded in commitinfo file

Scott Lehman slehman at Spectralink.com
Fri Mar 17 21:53:45 GMT 2006

All,

I am having a problem getting the cvsnt server (on Windows) to expand a
user variable in the commitinfo file.

My cvs command is:

            cvs -s RELEASE=dev_0-1-0 ci file.c

and my commitinfo file has the line:

            DEFAULT script $RELEASE

The variable $RELEASE does not get expanded (expanded to nothing).

Commitinfo does expand ${COMMITID} but no user defined variables.

I am using pserver protocol calling cvsnt server from another (client)
machine on the LAN.

Any ideas?

Thanks, scott