[cvsnt] Re: SSPI commits to repository saved under author:administrator

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Sat Mar 18 00:17:51 GMT 2006

At Friday 17/3/2006 15:04, Givler, Eric wrote:

>C:\>net use
>New connections will be remembered.
>
>There are no entries in the list.

Be aware that there might be hidden connections; see
http://blog.kynan.org/2006/01/29#060129-1631

>C:\>set cvsroot
>CVSROOT=:sspi:epitadw40.pa.lcl:/cvs/jdev1012
>
>C:\>cvs login
>Logging in to :sspi:c-dgood at epitadw40.pa.lcl:2401:/cvs/jdev1012
>CVS password:
>cvs [login aborted]: no such user administrator in CVSROOT/passwd

The question is, why is CVS looking for "administrator" when the user
name is different?
Maybe c-dgood is a local user; maybe there is a domain user with same
name and different password.
I would search for any trace of the word "administrator" in the whole
/cvs directory.
Using :sserver: may be an alternative.

>C:\>type \\epitadw40\c$\cvs\jdev1012\cvsroot\passwd
>dgood:H4L.QojwTlqjE:cwopa\c-dgood
>CWOPA\egivler:
>CWOPA\c-dgood:

It seems like a mix between domain and local users. cvsnt has a
"default domain", have you configured it?

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL