[cvsnt] Re: Getting CVSNT working on Win2k

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Mar 20 17:35:35 GMT 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:25:42 -0000, "Brereton, Stephen"
<stephen.brereton at york.gov.uk> wrote:

>I must be missing some obvious points somewhere....
>

>My server setup is as follows:
>Server 1 (test/dev) has CVSNT installed
>Server 2 (live) has the client installed.
>Both servers on same network, same subnet.

Same DOMAIN??? Or same Workgroup??

>I've installed CVSNT (2.5.03) and seem to have got my repo set up - this is
>running on a w2k server on a network.

Which build number? 1.5.03.xxxx (gve the xxxx number too)

>The trouble comes when I try to access the repo from the other server, that
>hosts the live copies of the files.
>I'm trying to figure out which protocol is right, and what the repo name etc
>should be, and I'm getting nowhere!

Normally for a setup like above you should use SSPI only.

>I don't actually need any security, since there is only me using this setup.
>
>I've tried PSERVER and SSERVER, and the best I can get is 'no such
>repository'

These need server side configuration and client side logins. But SSPI
does not and is much simpler to get going.

>the configuration settings I have are:
>servername: cn-test
>name /councilnetcvs/intranet.york.gov.uk
>root e:/councilnetcvs/intranet.york.gov.uk
>description councilnet
>
>using PSERVER, I get to
>"no such repository"

Check out this tutorial, it may help get you going:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)