[cvsnt] CVSNT on Win2003

Kris McCann kris at eoascientific.com
Tue Mar 21 18:34:53 GMT 2006

I'm having a really hard time getting CVSNT running properly on my 2003
server.

I have my a folder which contains all of my individual project folders,
and I've made it my default CVS repository. If I try and check out a
subfolder, I get the error:

cvs.exe checkout: in directory .:
cvs.exe checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
directory

I seem to be able to get around this by creating a new repository in the
individual project folder that I want to check out, and now when I try
to check
out that folder, I don't get an error, and it looks like it's
downloading the
folder structure (no files though), then when it's done, it deletes all
of the
folders, and leaves me with the project folder, containing only a CVS and
CVSROOT folder.

The impression I get is that the server isn't correctly building the CVSROOT
folders and indexing the files, but I'm new to CVS servers, I've only ever
used it from the client side before, so I don't really know the details of
how it should work on that side of things.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Kris.