[cvsnt] Re: Adding a new Repository

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 24 06:28:14 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:31:53 -0500, Jean-Francois Beaulac
<jean-francois.beaulac at beetext.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been trying to add a new repository to my cvsnt without any success yet.
>
>I am using  cvsnt 2.0.58c on Windows XP
>
>I currently have a repository on the Path C:\CVS\app1
>
>I want to add a new repository at C:\CVS\app2, so I did the command cvs -d C:\CVS\app2 init
>It created the directory, with a CVSROOT directory in it. I also been able to add users in
>the passwd file but I've not been able to log into it. I receive the following error message:
>cvs [login aborted]: /CVS/app2/: no such repository
>
>did I miss something?

Yes, you did!
Creation of repositorise in CVSNT is done using the CVSNT control
panel application. THis will ensure that the repository is both
created and initialized as well as registered with the server. Youy
are missing the last poit (registration with the server).
Use the Control Panel to register the repository you have created and
you will be fine.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)