[cvsnt] Re: Bad upgrade experience to current CVSNT 2.50.3 (2260)

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 24 21:06:23 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Not sure why you don't have it.. there's no way I can see that it
> wouldn't be installed (other than MSI screwing up again - as a general
> rule don't attempt software upgrades using MSI installers.. the engine
> sucks and nearly always screws something up).

Ah, that's it then.  I _did_ use the MSI installer and I was going from
2.0.58d in one swell foop.  Not your fault, then! ;-)

> Also, even then typing
> dbghelp.dll into google brings the microsoft redistributable as the
> second link.

As helpful as that link is, it is a very ancient file (5.0.2195.1).
Using that DLL will provoke one of those extra helpful "Entry Point Not
Found" Windows errors.  I was able to find 6.2.0013 on some other site.
  As near as I can tell, I'd have to download one of the Debugging
toolkits from Microsoft to gain access to this one file...

John