[cvsnt] Re: cvs repository folder permission

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 00:55:09 BST 2006

> Create a user (and group, possibly) for cvs.  chown the repository to
> this user, and chmod 700 the directories (and 600 for the files).
>
> Then in the PServer file set RunAsUser to this user.  The server will
> always setuid to that user to access the repository, so remote users
> will be able to work, but local users will have no access.
>
> The downside is this breaks local access to the repository and (by
> extension) ssh access, since ssh doesn't have a mechanism for changing
> the user it impersonates...  since ssh and telnet are equivalent,
> permissions wise, you can't have one without the other.

Does this work with sspi?  We are on running on a Linux server, which
it authenticating users against an active directory domain.  I am
struggling with the same permissions issues.  I do not allow
telnet/ssh access to users, but have to all all users to a cvs group
and ensure 775/664 dir/file permissions to allow correct permissions.

Thanks