[cvsnt] deleting a binary file revision

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Mar 27 15:05:21 BST 2006

Interesting,
about a year ago there were a few CVSNT versions that corrupted binary files in precisely this way (by treating the files as text files).
But this was quickly fixed and I have not heard about this since. Maybe the bug is still there hidden in seldom used commands like deletion of binary file revisions?

In actual fact, why did you delete this single revision?
If it was erroneous and the rev 1.1 was correct then you could have committed a copy of 1.1 over a checked out 1.2 and thus gotten rev 1.3.

It is usually a bad practice to delete file revisions from a version control system, better to use the built-in functions to put the correct version in there instead.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund