[cvsnt] Converting from -kb to -kB (and defaulting to -kB in the future)

Jesse cvs at gamesthatwork.com
Mon Mar 27 22:14:23 BST 2006

Hi,
I work for a small company, and set up a CVSNT 2.5.01.1969 server.  It was
primarilly set up for our programming staff, but the artists use it too.  I
told them to simply flag all their files as binary in tortoise (they never
use ASCII files), but then they got huge.

So I finished RTFMing, and I noticed that it's not using binary diffs
between photoshop, etc. files.
So I went in, and tried admin -kB filename, but that didn't work.  I assume
it's because there are already several revisions with the ascii type of
diffs.  Is there a way to (hopefully batch) convert the months of files and
revisions to use binary deltas instead?

Or does this not make the huge difference I think it will?

Also, is there a way to have tortoise (2.0.62.1817) default to using -kB for
binary files instead?

The only other solution is going to be me spending three days rebuilding
each file by hand.  And there getting the old versions of some of these
files will be a long process.

Thanks in advance!