[cvsnt] Re: Converting from -kb to -kB (and defaulting to -kB in the future)

Jesse cvs at gamesthatwork.com
Tue Mar 28 00:17:45 BST 2006

I haven't had time to run many tests, but I choose one file.  With 17
versions using -kb it was 4.5 mb, the same 17 versions (albeit minus the
comments) was 1.9 mb.  so the savings, at least in this one case, are huge.

(Compressed, it shrinks to 1.4mb, but I worry about how that would affect
updating/committing time.  The server only has 512 mb of RAM).

Most of the files are .psds or .max files (I tested a .max).  You're right
that compressed pictures probably don't delta well, but these are the source
files, so they're all uncompressed.

As for the tortoise/binary thing, apparently I was vauge.  It's using the
proper version of CVSNT, but when adding binary files, it defaults to -kb
instead of -kB, and I was wondering if there was some way of changing that.
Since I'm going to store deltas anyway, might as well be efficent about it.

But doing that for one file made me realize that I simply <em>have</em> to
find a way to batch convert the files.

news:6hog22tejrnc313s279pdq625bv37tl9m9 at 4ax.com...