Community technical support mailing list was retired 2010 and replaced with a professional technical support team. For assistance please contact: Pre-sales Technical support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harrison, Andrew wrote: > Thanks Tony. We were planning on starting it within the next couple of > weeks, and then doing it bit by over a few months. We could probably > wait a couple of months before we start if it made things easier in the > long run. What sort of time-frame is 2.6 expected in? Ideally within that timeframe.. haven't had a lot of time to work on it though (pulled off for other stuff... unfortunately there's only one of me). It need to get back to it to clean up the current code. > You say that it can work with 2.5 if I'm careful. I would be the only > person who would be doing the moving of files, so if you can stipulate a > best-practice approach to it then I can follow that. Checkout the entire sandbox containing both directories, rename the file (thus moving it) and make sure you commit both directories. OTOH I wouldn't want to do it on a production repository even then just in case (the dependency between directories is partly what 2.6 removes.. thus making renames 'safe'). The other solutions suggested sound better in the short term. By the time 2.6 is ready if course this will be very simple... it'll just be a straight rename. Tony