[cvsnt] Re: Looking up *_protocol.dll

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Mar 31 06:58:10 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> So basically: Is your answer really about how the *client* works and
> should work?
> It would be much better if the first choice for protocol dll is the
> directory from which the cvs.exe was loaded!
>
> Or maybe I don't understand the discussion....

No, I think you pretty much got it.  I think the question here is why is
that reg entry necessary for cvsnt.  For the other apps it makes sense,
it's just like the WinCVS setting you mention from the Workspace Manager
perspective.  If I had to guess there was some issue with the search
path / exe location / optional DLL's / etc. such that this was the
cleanest way to fix it, but that's just speculation.

--
Glen Starrett