[cvsnt] Strange behaviour of cvs status on a VMWare server...

Brian Post bpost at 80-20.com
Wed Nov 1 20:22:21 GMT 2006

My point which I don't think you got, was I had no network problems running
CVSNT on XP PRO SP2 with either VirtualPC or VMWARE. I was also pointing out
that it may have been the transfer from real machine to VPC. We always build
VMWare or VPC images using the CD.

The reason we changed from VMWare to VPC was a company decision not mine.
VMWare runs images faster than VPC on the same hardware IMHO.

We also run 2003 server in Virtual PC, we also have 2003 VPC images running
on a 2003 VPC server. I have never used CVSNT on 2003, only because the
hardware I was running it on wasn't good enough (I.E Pentium III - 800 Mhz)

Bo, It would be interresting to know if you put just CVSNT in a fresh
installed 2003 server if it fixes your problems.

news:mailman.91.1162303878.16616.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...