[cvsnt] Checksum failure after patch

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Nov 3 15:04:59 GMT 2006

Harrison, Andy wrote:

> Thanks for that. Yes, it does refetch the file correctly, but I'm afraid
> it still worries me. I cannot migrate the live repository over to the
> new server when it's giving me messages like this. This isn't a one off
> message I got, it's happening every time. The reason cvs does a patch is
> because it's quicker than doing a full update. A patch followed by an
> update has got to take even longer still.

It seems you are updating the server. Could it be that you have a sandbox
checked out with the previous version, and then update it using the new
version? If that's the case, it could be that this only happens the first
time you update a file against the new server version in a sandbox checked
out with the old server version. It could also be that updating the client
to the same version that's on the new server might help... don't know, but
worth a shot, since the client update is recommended anyway.

> The live repository has over 4000 files in it. If every file generated
> the same warning, that is going to have a massive effect on usability,
> not to mention users emailing me all the time asking why they are
> getting error messages.

If I'm correct with the above, an email to all users stating that this is
normal in the beginning should probably take care of most of the hassle.

Gerhard