[cvsnt] Checksum failure after patch

Harrison, Andy andy.harrison at anite.com
Tue Nov 14 09:49:13 GMT 2006

Hi Arthur,

Unfortunately I've now got v2.5.03 b2382 installed and am going live
soon, so I can't reproduce the issue anymore. I'll try as give as much
info as I can from memory - hopefully that will be enough to be of some
help.

I initially saw the problem using an rcs file that had been copied over
from an existing v2.0.58d server. Thinking it might be a incompatibility
between rcs files I created a new file and did as follows:
 - Create new file "newtest.txt"
 - I did a few small changes and commits to try to reproduce the
problem. However CVS always did an update rather than a patch so I never
saw the problem. I don't think this is significant, but I mention here
for completeness.
 - Fill newtest.txt with text "really really big file" lots if times
till it's a really really big file.
 - Commit.
 - Create a branch (but leave sandbox as trunk).
 - Add text "little change" somewhere in the file.
 - Commit.
 - Update to branch. CVS attempt to patch newtest.txt, but this fails so
it does an update.
 - Update to trunk. Again CVS attempt to patch newtest.txt, but this
fails so it does an update.

Server:
	CVS v2.5.04 b2471
	Win XP Pro ver2002 SP2
	P4 3.2GHz
	1GB RAM
	70GB available on HDD

Client:
	CVS v2.0.41a and then v2.5.0.4 b2471 - error happened with both.

	WinCVS v2.0.3.1 b1.
	Win 2K 5.00.2195 SP4
	P4 1.6GHz
	512KB RAM
	15GB available on HDD

CVSROOT: :sspi:aharrison at pc002147:/development
 - Note SSPI was the only protocol installed on the server

Trace as per previous email is the best I can do I'm afraid.

Rgds,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ,