[cvsnt] Corrupt history file

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Thu Nov 16 13:45:29 GMT 2006

Since we converted from Unix to cvsNT, we've been getting a lot of
corruption in the history file.  Here's some examples from a script I
wrote to dig out the bad lines:

	line 2116014 is bad
	    "d|"
	line 2116173 is bad
	    "|"
	line 2116524 is bad
	    ".33.42|abc|"

Then when we do a cvs history command, it errors out on the bad lines:

cvs -d:SSPI:abc-serv.bentley.com:/abc-root history -a -c -D"1 week ago"
cvs [history aborted]: reading from server: error -1

Has anyone encountered the similar issues?

Thanks
chuck

cvs ver:
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server)