[cvsnt] error: Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 16 16:39:00 GMT 2006

All,
Sorry for the repost. I used the same subject as an older message and my
message got hooked into that thread. I thought the newsgroup users might not
see my new message.

I saw a message with a similar error from early this year.
I am setting a remote workstation to access a CVS server over a VPN and
receiving this error when using the -d format of :sspi:servername:/REPO. It
works fine if I do a cvs login and use -d as
:sspi:username at servername:/REPO.

Both client and server are running 2.5.03.2382.

In my case the local workstation is a member of the same domain as the
server and I am logging into the workstation with my domain account.
Obviously, when I do this the domain server is not available because I am
remote. However, once I connect to the VPN it should be.

I know this is probably not a CVS issue but I'm hoping someone here will
have run into and addressed the problem.

Bo, did you ever figure out your issue.

TIA,
Rick