[cvsnt] user ' ' is not a valid editor of file ' '

Ute Gahlstorf Ute.Gahlstorf at arg.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 13:57:21 GMT 2006

All,

I am using CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 and Tortoise 1.9.6.1005

I am trying to set CVSNT and Tortoise up and for that purpose I created
some experimental modules in a repository on the server.
I have checked out one of the modules, replaced some files, modified
others and cvs removed a few.
Then I tried to commit the changes from my PC across the network to the
server.
Tortoise gave me the following error on some of the binary files (.lib,
.gif):

"user '...' is not a valid editor of file '...'"

I am a bit puzzled by that, because I am currently the only person using
CVSNT here. Could that message be related to entries in the cvswrapper
file?
Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Ute