[cvsnt] HEAD revision tag unsupported for cvs log command?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Nov 29 11:52:29 GMT 2006

Tony Cleveland wrote:

> We have various scripts that rely on the HEAD revision tag. After a
> recent upgrade of our server to cvsnt the head revision does not appear
> to be honored for the cvs log command.
>
> cvs client 2.5.3 build 2260

It seems HEAD is interpreted as main branch. At least with "-rHEAD" it
seems I get all revisions on the main branch, and with "-rHEAD." I get only
the last revision on the main branch (usually called HEAD). Which is
consistent with the branch revision selection:

cvs -H log
    -r[revisions]   Specify revision(s)s to list.
        branch          All revisions on the branch.
        branch.         The last revision on the branch.

Gerhard