[cvsnt] HEAD revision tag unsupported for cvs log command?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Nov 29 20:35:32 GMT 2006

Tony Cleveland wrote:

> I am attempting to use this to determine the revisions between a
> particular tag and the head
>
> cvs log -rSOME_TAG::HEAD
> cvs log -rSOME_TAG:::HEAD

Yes, that seems to be broken. I see the same behavior here.

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
(client/server)

Maybe you can reformulate this without using HEAD...

> cvs log -rSOME_TAG::HEAD

almost as cvs log -rSOME_TAG::

> cvs log -rSOME_TAG:::HEAD

as cvs log -rSOME_TAG::