[cvsnt] Basic CVS question

Jeff Douglass ist at att.net
Thu Nov 30 20:30:58 GMT 2006

So are there any bad side effects to checking out a module and never
commiting back into that module? My question stems from the fact that I do
not know what CVS does behind the sceens. If I just wanted to play around
with a module by checking out the module, playing with the working files,
and then just deleting all the working files that were checked out would
that be a problem. I don't know if the CVS repository knows that something
was checkout and never put back possibly causing problems later on if I
again check out files from the module, modify them and then comit them back
in or if the only record of items checked out is kept in the actual working
directory where the items were checked out to.

Thanks again.

Jeff