[cvsnt] pserver protocol issue

Onur Gungor Onur.gungor at gateelektronik.com.tr
Tue Oct 3 14:31:15 BST 2006

I use CVSNT server with  Tortoise CVS client. If I work locally I can
use the pserver protocol to check-out and commit processes without any
problem; but if I try to use the same protocol from another pc in the
network I got an error message which was below:

"cvs [checkout aborted]: the :pserver: access method is not available on
this system

 Error, CVS operation failed"

But if I use command promt screen instead of TortoiseCVS interface I can
complete both check-out and commit operations without any problems.

What may cause this problem? How can I fix it?

Any kind of help will be fine.

Best regards...