[cvsnt] permissions denied to some directories in a repository

cyril dumas cyril.dumas.ext at streamezzo.com
Fri Oct 6 11:38:05 BST 2006

hi,

Let's assume the repository looks like this:

.+Root
.|
.|----+Docs
........|
........|-----Specs
........|
........|-----Agreements
.|
.|--Sources
.|
.|--SQL

I have two groups of CVS users: managers and developers. For managers I
want to set the full access to the repository, but for developers only
the read access to Docs but _NO ACCESS_ to Agreements.

I used NT permissions on the directory level, set the lockDir outside
and read only access to Specs and that works ok. But if I revoke all
rights to Agreements for usergroup developers, when a developer does a
full update on Root it stops on Agreements with the following message:

cvs server: cannot open <my repository>/Agreements/CVS/Tag: Permission
denied

cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't open RCS file <my
repository>/Agreements/.directory_history,v: Permission denied

please advice on this

Cyril