[cvsnt] Revision Numbering

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 19:57:36 BST 2006

On 10/5/06, Gerhard Fiedler <lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

> Peter Crowther wrote:
>
> > CVSNT's revision numbers [...] may be invisible in the next release, so
> > don't rely on them.
>
> Really? I frequently use them for verification that I and someone else are
> talking about the same revision of a file. Maybe remove the useless "1.",
> but please leave something like a unique revision number.

I rely on file revision numbers when manipulating non release tagged
versions of a particular file. I hope your proposed change does not mean I
will have to tag every interim file commit between tagged releases.

I understand not relying on the version numbers for external usage, such as
the version of a released application, and I have no objection to you
proposed change affecting that.

Dwight