[cvsnt] warning message during checkout

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 9 17:22:52 BST 2006

Boyd Meier wrote:
> The files and subdirectories in the directory don't delete right away
> because of windows defender and / or anti-virus scanners, and cvs is

It's well known that antivirus screws up some cvs operations - that's
why we recommend not putting it on the server.

Not all antivirus does this (AVG and Avast are fine for example) and for
those that does it's recommended that you exclude the cvs directories
from checking - not least because it'll murder your performance both for
cvs and compilation.

Windows defender has no issues (being an MS product you wouldn't expect
it to).