[cvsnt] cannot rename CVS/Entries.Extra.Backup

Georg Offner der.georg12 at 2k5.temporarily.de
Fri Sep 8 14:21:03 BST 2006

Hi all,

running CVSNT 2.0.58d on SuSe Linux 9.2 as server and using wincvs 2.0.3.1 I
*sometimes* see the following error checking out a repository:
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Extra.Backup to
CVS/Entries.Extra: Permission denied

Can anybody tell me, what goes wrong?

Just restarting the same checkout procedure then may succeed but sometimes
even breaks again and I need several runs to get the complete repository.

Regards,
 Georg