[cvsnt] rcsinfo trouble

Van Quakebeke, Joe Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com
Fri Sep 8 14:26:33 BST 2006

> Van Quakebeke, Joe wrote:
> >     Checkout module and make a change.  Then do a cvs commit
> > <filename> but I get the same default template as always.
> I don't get
> > my form.  I
>
> The template is only updated during checkout.  Making a
> dynamic verson is something I'll probably look at for 2.6
> (2.5 is in final code freeze so there are no new features
> being considered for it beyond what is already timetabled).

I did a new checkout after I committed the changes to CVSROOT.  From
what I have read, I should see the new template.

> > DEFAULT hostname\\repo2\\CVSROOT\\my.template
>
> There's no drive letter there.. I assume that's not trying to
> do some kind of network connection???

I removed the unc slashes so that outlook wouldn't insert a hyperlink.
Is it bad to use a unc pathname to the template file?  I didn't read any
restrictions in the help pages and I have used the unc path to my other
scripts (in verifymsg and loginfo) without any issues.
> Tony

Joe

"Secure Server BSK" made the following
 annotations on 09/08/2006 09:26:35 AM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."