[cvsnt] rcsinfo trouble

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Sep 8 17:29:59 BST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:06:17 -0600, "Van Quakebeke, Joe"
<Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com> wrote:

>Removing the unc path replacing with a drive letter path like
>c:\\Repo2\\CVSROOT\\my.template  worked.  So if I understand correctly,
>network or unc paths are bad in the admin files.  So if I move my server
>to a Linux machine I would just use a local path similar to
>/opt/cvs/repos/CVSROOT/my.template , correct?

You don't use \ inside CVS scripts. Use / instead:
c:/Repo2/CVSROOT/my.template

If you really want to use \ then you have to double them like you did,
but why bother???

Network paths like UNC paths or mapped drive letters cannot be used by
the CVSNT server because as Tony said it runs as the local service,
which by design has no permissions at all on the network.
So scripts executed by CVSNT server cannot go outside the confines of
the local computer the server runs on.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)