[cvsnt] Commit -r

JRathman at rosettatechnologies.com JRathman at rosettatechnologies.com
Mon Sep 11 21:12:58 BST 2006

Hello,
I would like to synchronize my CVS revision numbers with our release
numbers, but I can't determine how enter the commit command -r option to
satisfy CVS

I'm running
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server)

I thought the command should be something like:

C:\joetest\Tasks>cvs -d :sspi:server:2401:/joecvs commit -r 2.2 filename

but I get the response -

cvs server: nothing known about `2.2'
cvs server: nothing known about `--'
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Any hints on what the server is telling me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JC Rathman
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Rosetta Technologies