[cvsnt] multi-line msg on comman line

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Thu Sep 14 20:58:28 BST 2006

I've looked through various documentation and searched the web, but can't seem to find a reference to this subject.

When doing a

   cvs admin -m"log message" file

is there a way to insert a multi line comment?

cvs commit invokes and editor to enter multiple lines, but admin doesn't seem to.

We use cvs admin -m to correct check-in comments.

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531