[cvsnt] Secure alternatives to SSPI

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Sep 14 23:07:40 BST 2006

I use CVSNT at home with our servers at work, using SSPI, and my
home-network credentials are not the same as my work credentials.
There's no problem there; I just do a "cvs login" with an appropriate -d
option (or CVSROOT environment setting) when I create a new sandbox.

My connection to the corporate network is secure (it's a VPN), of
course.

> Second, and more
> importantly, I'd like to set up an automated daily build
> system that can
> check out the code. If I use the Windows 'at' command, then
> the command
> will run with SYSTEM privileges, i.e. no login credentials.

Just have your automated system run cvs with an appropriate -d option
setting, in a sandbox where you've done a "cvs login".  That's how our
automated build system works.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer

michael.wojcik at microfocus.com
9420 Key West Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Direct: 517 676 0892
What would you like Micro Focus to do for you? Contribute your view by
visiting
http://www.microfocus.com/CustomerInsight.asp