[cvsnt] connecting to cvsnt from linux cvs client

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 18 21:48:13 BST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:21:24 -0600, "Blair Cruz"
<blair.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:

>I need to connect to a cvsnt repository from a linux box and I have not been
>successful.  I have tried the following things:
>
>On my windows box, the following cvsroot works:
>:pserver:jc@<HOST>:d:\cvs_files
>However on linux that gives me the following error: cvs [login aborted]: Bad
>CVSROOT: ...
>
>I have tried with the folloiwng cvsroot configurations, the following login
>but give me a no such repository error.
>:pserver:jc@<HOST>:/cvs_files
>:pserver:jc@<HOST>:/d//cvs_files
>
>Anyone have any ideas.  I think the cvsnt server admin could add an alias
>such as /cvs_files so that I could connect however this would take quite
>some time to make that change.

Why? It is just a matter of opening the CVSNT control panel and go to
the "Repository configuration" tab, select the repository in the list,
click Edit, enter the proper Name value and then click OK. How much
work is that, really????

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)