[cvsnt] Jar files becoming corrupt

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 19 18:07:37 BST 2006

Bryan Leber wrote:
> When you say pull a previous(non-HEAD) version, are you talking about a
> patch branch of our code? I hate to keep bugging, but Like I said I am
> very new to this, and sometimes I don't understand the terminology. For
> instance when you say important version is that some word cvs uses.
> Also, not clear of how the process of putting back into the tree

Previous version == version that is not default on trunk.  If the
current version is 1.7, then do this:

cvs up -r1.6 MyJar.jar

Important means important to you and your dev team / build environment.
  Which versions are required to build your product (including previous
releases of your product)?  Only the latest at the tip of each branch,
or every version, or somewhere in between?

There are lots of docs on the Internet on how CVS works.  March Hare
offers training for commercial support customers.  You might consider
taking some time to learn the tool you are trusting your source code to.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett