[cvsnt] rcsinfo File

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 21 08:52:52 BST 2006

Mark Johnson wrote:
> Tony,  do you know any details of this bug?  Is it only on Linux?  I can

I believe it's on all platforms since there's nothing platform specific
in there.  rcsinfo tends not to get used a lot so it hasn't been a high
priority.  With any luck it's a simple problem to fix - I just couldn't
see the problem when I looked before.

> Are  there  any other downsides to moving to Windows from Linux, other than
> performance?  We have currently configured our linux server to authenticate
> off our domain, allowing sspi.  This should be easier with windows.
> Does it
> automatically authenticate off the domain that that that server is part of,
> or is that configured in cvsnt?  I assume there is a "/etc/cvsnt/PServer"
> equivalent file for this configuration

By default it authenticates off the domain it's part of, but you can
override that.  The PServer file is mirrored in the registry but
normally you'd use the control panel to configure everything.