[cvsnt] FW: Bug? VerifyMsg

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Sep 21 17:11:46 BST 2006

-----Original Message-----

I am lost:-(. I do not understand how my error can get printed to the
screen about the mandatory things not being in the commit dialog AND the
commit not succeeding, yet some how it can get to the commitinfo file
and run my scripts in there? What am I doing wrong. Is it my script that
is totally wrong or is this a bug Tony?

Thanks,

Bryan Leber

-----Reply-----

commitinfo runs *before* the commit, it can be used to fail the commit
if some conditions are not right.
So in principle the fact that it runs does not violate any logic to me,
only in this case another condition has already canceled the commit so
it seems that it would not be necessary to run commitinfo....

But the commit *is* failed and this is what the previous script is
supposed to accomplish. I don't think there is any mention anywhere that
running some script will prevent another script from executing depending
on the result of the first script.

If what your commitinfo script does is to record data on stuff that has
been committed then you are running the wrong script. loginfo is running
*after* the commit has happened and it runs once per committed folder.
Postcommand on the other hand runs once for the complete process, which
means that it will have a hard time figuring out what was committed on
the various directories where files have been committed.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund