[cvsnt] unable to login, using winCVS.

Shashikant Nagthan shashi.mn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:38:11 BST 2006

Hello

I m stuck with a problem and don't know how to solve it. Please help.

I use winCVS on my windows machine. It connects to the CVS repository
that is on a unix server.
WinCVS was working fine on my windows desktop until a few days ago.

I had to change my unix account password. WinCVS is unable to execute
commands properly ever since i changed my password.
It always gives the mesg :
cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server ......

In WinCVS I tried : click on menu item Admin -> Logout.
Then click on Admin -> Login and specified new password in the CVSROOT.
It worked fine.

But after that when I select a file and do an update it gives the
"authorization failed" mesg. In fact this mesg appears for any other
cvs command i try : log, diff , etc.

How do I make WinCVS use the new password for the other commands.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shashi.